1. What is the origin of the name LOKORO?
LOKORO was named for the LOKORO River of the Democratic Republic of Congo, flowing westerly assisting creation of Lake Mai-Ndombe and the southern part of the river through the Salonga National Park, Africa's largest tropical rainforest reserve.
2. What is a Carat?
The word Carat comes from the Italian word Carato and is a form of measurement used to determine the size of a diamond. One carat diamond weighs 200 milligrams or 0.200 of a gram. The word Karat, often used in US in reference to gold, determines the purity of gold. In precious metals such as gold, silver, or platinum it refers to the percent of precious metal contained. For example, a 14kt gold ring is 14 parts gold and 10 parts other metal (out of a total of 24 parts) or 58.33% gold.
3. What are universally accepted classifications for natural rough diamonds?
- Industrial (not gem quality)
4. Why is LOKORO DIAMONDS concentrating on rough diamonds exclusively from African Nations?
Africa has a vast potential of undiscovered diamonds. African nations offer LOKORO a great opportunity to become one of the world's preeminent distributors.
5. What are the dominant characteristics associated with natural African diamonds?
African diamonds are some of the highest quality pristine gem stones in the world. Almost 100% of the world’s famous diamonds were discovered in Africa, i.e. the 3,106.75 carat Cullinan Diamond discovered in 1907, the 478 carat Lesotho Diamond found in 2008, as well as the 507.55-carat diamond mined in 2009.
6. Does LOKORO DIAMONDS, INC. have a stringent' code of conduct'?
Yes, LOKORO DIAMONDS assures its investors and clients that it will follow a stringent 'code of conduct' and will fully comply with the Kimberly Process. We have zero tolerance for the trading or selling of conflict diamonds.
7. Does LOKORO have any special advantages to operating in African nations and competing in the international market?
Our company has assembled an exceptional team of directors, executives and advisors with extraordinary experience in corporate management, mining, diamond trading, and international governmental policies.
8. Are you confident that LOKORO DIAMONDS will produce spectacular results?
Both our top executive management team and our highly motivated field staff have staked their lifetime reputation to build a world class diamond distributing company of unparalleled success.
9. African Nations present infinite challenges. How does LOKORO plan to participate in building a new cadre of miners and executives?
LOKORO DIAMONDS, INC. is very mindful of the challenges ahead of us in Africa. We will strive to create an organization of entrepreneurs and professionals encompassing American management practices in combination with Africa’s ingenuity and rich cultural history.
10. Does a New York company specializing in marketing of rough diamonds have any advantages?
The natural rough diamond market is the most attractive segment of diamond industry. The New York Diamond Center offers:
- The world’s largest diamond consumer market
- A safe and free market
- A favorable import /export market
- A highly transparent and advanced diamond trading market